Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Autotether Wireless Lanyard

Greetings from Autotether, Inc. creators of the Autotether Wireless Lanyard!

The Autotether Wireless Lanyard system replaces the red cord with no more tangled lanyards. It comes with a personal sensor for the operator of the vessel and you can purchase up to three additional sensors for passengers including children and pets. If the operator falls overboard the motor will shut off within 1 ½ seconds or if a passenger falls in the water an alarm will sound. The Autotether uses cutting edge RF technology and is the only patented wireless lanyard on the market. The system is designed to fail safe.

Autotether works with the existing engine cut-off (kill) switch on your boat, requires no tools to install, becomes operational literally in minutes, and is easily transferred from boat to boat. Autotether is a high quality, well-engineered product at a reasonable cost and is designed and built in the USA.

Come check out our website and learn more about our wireless lanyard system and other products.

www.autotether.com

If you have any questions regarding our product please feel free to contact us at:

888-593-4181

or

info@autotether.com

GO WIRELESS!

Look forward to hearing from you!

-Andrea

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife had a armload of boating gear and headed for the house. Seems I forgot to turn off the control unit which she had in that armload. I had the pfd mounted fob on the boat. Fifty feet away it snapped the kill then let loose with the alarm. Scared the heck out of her.

Thank You Autotether!

And you (Mr. YouTube) with no video.

Hmmm... does give me some product ideas though.

Thanks to everyone for their replies! Just an update, Travelers Insurance sent out a press release yesterday announcing a new safety credit on boat insurance for owners with an Autotether. For a full copy of the release you can go to our blog http://autotether.blogspot.com/ .

Also if anyone is on Facebook, become a member of the Autotether, Inc. Fan Page!

Best,

Andrea

Greetings from Autotether, Inc. creators of the Autotether Wireless Lanyard!

The Autotether Wireless Lanyard system replaces the red cord with no more tangled lanyards. It comes with a personal sensor for the operator of the vessel and you can purchase up to three additional sensors for passengers including children and pets. If the operator falls overboard the motor will shut off within 1 ½ seconds or if a passenger falls in the water an alarm will sound. The Autotether uses cutting edge RF technology and is the only patented wireless lanyard on the market. The system is designed to fail safe.

Autotether works with the existing engine cut-off (kill) switch on your boat, requires no tools to install, becomes operational literally in minutes, and is easily transferred from boat to boat. Autotether is a high quality, well-engineered product at a reasonable cost and is designed and built in the USA.

Come check out our website and learn more about our wireless lanyard system and other products.

www.autotether.com

If you have any questions regarding our product please feel free to contact us at:

888-593-4181

or

info@autotether.com

GO WIRELESS!

Look forward to hearing from you!

-Andrea

Hi Andrea - Can you work on Progressive now?

Unfortunately we had another incident in our area that Auto-tether could have possibly saved a life.

Coast Guard suspends search for missing boater

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Portus has been missing for three days.

PASCO COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- The Coast Guard has suspended its search for missing boater Mark Portus.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will continue searching Thursday.

Earlier Wednesday Portus' brother offered a $20,000 reward if someone is able to find him alive.

Mark Portus went fishing Monday morning and never returned.

The search continued Wednesday for the third day.

"We're going to make sure we put enough effort into this as we can," said Lt. Grant Burton with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. "The family deserves that. That's what we're going to do."

Portus' boat was found on a Sandbar north of Anclote Key with the motor still running.

He was wearing a light blue shirt and jean shorts so search crews are looking for that color in the water. The search area has also been expanded.

Burton says weather conditions have been on their side so far.

"The sun is good," he said. "The clarity is pretty good so I feel like we can cover a pretty good amount of area."

The Coast Guard is leading the search and rescue operation.

"The longer it takes to find him the longer he's out there," Burton said. "So we want to end this search as quickly as possible by finding him."

Portus' brother was also out on the water searching Wednesday.

Hi Andrea - Can you work on Progressive now?

Unfortunately we had another incident in our area that Auto-tether could have possibly saved a life.

Coast Guard suspends search for missing boater

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Portus has been missing for three days.

PASCO COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- The Coast Guard has suspended its search for missing boater Mark Portus.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission will continue searching Thursday.

Earlier Wednesday Portus' brother offered a $20,000 reward if someone is able to find him alive.

Mark Portus went fishing Monday morning and never returned.

The search continued Wednesday for the third day.

"We're going to make sure we put enough effort into this as we can," said Lt. Grant Burton with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. "The family deserves that. That's what we're going to do."

Portus' boat was found on a Sandbar north of Anclote Key with the motor still running.

He was wearing a light blue shirt and jean shorts so search crews are looking for that color in the water. The search area has also been expanded.

Burton says weather conditions have been on their side so far.

"The sun is good," he said. "The clarity is pretty good so I feel like we can cover a pretty good amount of area."

The Coast Guard is leading the search and rescue operation.

"The longer it takes to find him the longer he's out there," Burton said. "So we want to end this search as quickly as possible by finding him."

Portus' brother was also out on the water searching Wednesday.

We are working on Progressive and other agencies now. I'll keep folks posted. Thanks for the article. These accidents are getting more and more common, it really is frightening.

-Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

andrea I took the boat for it's first run offshore run while on vacation in nags head. your product was the answer I had been looking for I fish from a small boat in big water by myself. . The day started as a normal day who wants to go fishing fell on def ears looks like just me again. While 20 off origon inlet I ran into a motor problem well I leaned over the motor to unhook cover lock & slipped landed on the cover just under my waist & managed to grab ahold of somthing I dont even remember what it was. After I was glad to know I had my auto tether on it would have shut down both motor for me.

Project boat & trailer ---------------------------------------------------------500.00

motors, electroncis, lights, wiring, gauges,

livewell, console, seats, switches ,batteries ,

trolling motor,steering,pumps,trim tabs, coolers, & paint -------------1.2 mil

peice of mind your engines will shut off when you end up in the water--- priceless

add in the abillity to move anywhere you want on the boat for

235.00 really is ---------------------------------------------------------------priceless

Edited by aitkenkingfish

We are working on Progressive and other agencies now. I'll keep folks posted. Thanks for the article. These accidents are getting more and more common, it really is frightening.

-Andrea

would you mind if I posted this on our website under customer reviews and maybe on our blog?

glad Autotether gave you that peace of mind! I have had to lean out the back of our sailboat messing with our motor cover too so I know that feeling.

Andrea