Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Raymarine: Is this typical service?

We purchased a brand new (not refurbished) Raymarine A65 a couple weeks ago. We installed it in the boat and it only worked for a couple days. When I went to use the boat on the 4th of July, the unit would power on but the screen was completely white. Nothing was showing up on the screen. So I go ahead and call raymarine after the weekend, and they tell me that it doesnt sound good, so that I need to send it in for repair, where it will take 2 weeks.

We package the unit back up and send it in the next day which was Tuesday. We sent it via UPS and we recieved a conformation that they recieved it on Friday. I know its the weekend so I plan to call on Monday and confirm they recieved it and see how long until I get it back.

So when Monday comes around I call ,and they tell me they recieved it on Friday and that I could expect to have it back in 3 weeks. I am already a little ticked of because this is a brand new unit, and I only had it a couple days. So today I decided to call to see whats up with it. The lady on the phone tells me that they will not even be able to touch it for 4 weeks!!

I tell them that this is a little ridiculous since this is a brand new unit that only worked for a couple days. The lady then transfers me to the warranty department where I am prompted to leave a message. I then left a message telling them my situation and that I really need to get a new one or a refurbished one until mine was done.

So I guess I am wondering if this is typical raymarine service. Do they always give you the run around and tell you it is going to take longer each time you ask? i am a little ticked off because it was BRAND NEW, and now I have a big hole in my console where it was flush mounted and I do not know when I will get it back. What do you all think?

We purchased a brand new (not refurbished) Raymarine A65 a couple weeks ago. We installed it in the boat and it only worked for a couple days. When I went to use the boat on the 4th of July, the unit would power on but the screen was completely white. Nothing was showing up on the screen. So I go ahead and call raymarine after the weekend, and they tell me that it doesnt sound good, so that I need to send it in for repair, where it will take 2 weeks.

We package the unit back up and send it in the next day which was Tuesday. We sent it via UPS and we recieved a conformation that they recieved it on Friday. I know its the weekend so I plan to call on Monday and confirm they recieved it and see how long until I get it back.

So when Monday comes around I call ,and they tell me they recieved it on Friday and that I could expect to have it back in 3 weeks. I am already a little ticked of because this is a brand new unit, and I only had it a couple days. So today I decided to call to see whats up with it. The lady on the phone tells me that they will not even be able to touch it for 4 weeks!!

I tell them that this is a little ridiculous since this is a brand new unit that only worked for a couple days. The lady then transfers me to the warranty department where I am prompted to leave a message. I then left a message telling them my situation and that I really need to get a new one or a refurbished one until mine was done.

So I guess I am wondering if this is typical raymarine service. Do they always give you the run around and tell you it is going to take longer each time you ask? i am a little ticked off because it was BRAND NEW, and now I have a big hole in my console where it was flush mounted and I do not know when I will get it back. What do you all think?

Sounds about right from a few stories I have heard.

Bummer, but from all I have heard and read about Raymarine, I would not install one on my boat if it was given to me for free, they sure look nice at west marine, but all I ever hear is what you typed and woorse, good luck, I feel for you, we really want a bigger screen on our set upp, but we have Furuno :(

Hey guys, I spoke with raymarine several more times, and we have come to an agreement. They are sending me an A65 that they had up there to replace mine. Anyone that has a brand new out of the box unit that has a problem, do not send it to repair. Get in contact with warranty and complain about it enough to them and they will just give you a new one instead.

Hey guys, I spoke with raymarine several more times, and we have come to an agreement. They are sending me an A65 that they had up there to replace mine. Anyone that has a brand new out of the box unit that has a problem, do not send it to repair. Get in contact with warranty and complain about it enough to them and they will just give you a new one instead.

I called a few weeks ago about a Ray 125 no signal issue. I spent 20 minutes on hold and then promted to leave a message, which the recording said it would be retuned the same day. I never received any calls back.

I think they have cut way back on staff.

I called a few weeks ago about a Ray 125 no signal issue. I spent 20 minutes on hold and then promted to leave a message, which the recording said it would be retuned the same day. I never received any calls back.

I think they have cut way back on staff.

Hey King, luckily for me everytime I called I spoke with someone. I did have to wait about 15 minutes everytime, but I always got someone.

They say that it will take 3 weeks but usually, it will get turned around faster. If they said 5 days, and it was longer than that, folks would complain. Say 3 weeks, and if it comes sooner, that is a good thing. They do try to expedite all repairs, in my experience, and at this time of year, the demand is really great.

Days old? Sorry no repairing that, I would have demanded a replacement from the retailer I purchased it from, let them deal with it. I have all Sitex/Koden electronics on my boat, there service is outstanding, turn around is days not weeks. I also have the luxury of driving to their facility in St. Petersburg and dropping items off. They are top notch in my book.