Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Airmar TM260 Transducer NEW

• 2 weeks later...
Just hit the market last week. For boats 25' up. High speed a reality. Dual beams. Should be a hot item. Anybody installed one yet. Reviews? This will eliminate putting a hole in your keel for a thru hull. Airmar finally gets it. MSRP $793.

It's a re-make of an older transome mounted ducer. I have seen one boat with the old version of this contraption. It's BIG. Really big.

• 4 weeks later...

Im installing one for a friend with a Furuno 585. The transdcer is big it weighs about 10lbs. Should finish bolting it on tomorrow have a few other things to do for him maybe get it on the water by the end of the week to see how she works. Ill try to post a few pictures of it tomorrow;.

Just hit the market last week. For boats 25' up. High speed a reality. Dual beams. Should be a hot item. Anybody installed one yet. Reviews? This will eliminate putting a hole in your keel for a thru hull. Airmar finally gets it. MSRP $793.

I'm purchasing one this weekend from BOE. I'll let you know how it goes. My boat doesn't have a good place to mount a thru hull and I'm on a trailer. I'm a career sonarman and the specs on this transducer look good on paper, especially the sensitivity (just as important as the transmit power). I'll let you know how it works after my first trip to the canyon edge. I'm attaching this to a Raymarine system.

It does look big!

I'm purchasing one this weekend from BOE. I'll let you know how it goes. My boat doesn't have a good place to mount a thru hull and I'm on a trailer. I'm a career sonarman and the specs on this transducer look good on paper, especially the sensitivity (just as important as the transmit power). I'll let you know how it works after my first trip to the canyon edge. I'm attaching this to a Raymarine system.

It does look big!

Still waiting to mount mine on my transom. You only get 1 shot lining it up and drilling holes for the lag bolts that are long. Any suggestions how to properly line this beast up? I found a spot midway up the transom from the keel. I put a flat board under the boat extending beyond the end, put the 'ducer flush with the board pointing straight down. I think when I'm at plane, the 'ducer will not cause any wash/spray in this position. I'd appreciate any thoughts before I drill and plug with 5200.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...