Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Man I 'm pissed off

My 12 year old came home yesterday after being gone for a week with relatives he has been to 6 flags etc. Great but my 6 year old has a new water gun and the older one wanted to see it all is good until he threw it back at him hit him in the eye a few small cuts and a freaken black eye man I'm mad he was not home 1 hour I could boil cold water that was yesterday and I'm still pissed off

Pretty typical behavior for kids that age.....probably the best thing you can take from him to "teach him a lesson" is his time. Chores-lots of them-and the more ridiculous the better. I remember some of mine well....my dad's hands-down favorite was to make me relocate the firewoods pile six feet....just move it over. We usually kept 4-6 cords stacked, so it would pretty much kill my whole saturday at that age, but there weren't a whole lot of repeat offenses!

I did not get physical but I was in his face like Bill Cower

I try-ed to post Bill PIC showing that in your face my skills are limited

Hi Tim, I feel your pain. My oldest is 14 and the next is 9. I could fill pages of stories like the one you mention. I also get extremely angry but getting angry doesn't help. I have simply resorted to taking things away. He was banned from every electronic device in the house for about 6 months at one point. I know it is hard to see outside of your own situation but it is not that abnormal and as they further enter their teenage years they try your patience even further. Good luck.

Tim, if there's an up side to the situation it's that as your boys get older and start reminiscing about "the good old days", they'll relive the experience, and will likely get a good laugh out of it over a cold beer or two. :1992_beer_cheer:

It's all pretty much normal behavior among brothers and childhood friends. Do take some kind of reasonable corrective action, but don't overstress about it.

My 12 year old came home yesterday after being gone for a week with relatives he has been to 6 flags etc. Great but my 6 year old has a new water gun and the older one wanted to see it all is good until he threw it back at him hit him in the eye a few small cuts and a freaken black eye man I'm mad he was not home 1 hour I could boil cold water that was yesterday and I'm still pissed off

Boys will be boys, and that means brothers at that age will fight and hurt each other. You can try to discourage such behavior that might reduce the number of fights but will not eliminate them.

Black eye and a couple of cuts? He should feel lucky.

I am the youngest of six....with 2 older brothers. Here's my list of injuries and scars that were the result of my brothers' actions:

-6 stitches above my right eye....my oldest brother took my roller skate and smacked me upside the head with it.

-2 puncture wounds from darts thrown at me by my brothers...one in the leg, one in the forehead.

-Puncture wound in the right foot from where my next-to-oldest brother shot me with an arrow. One of those deals where he pointed the arrow at my feet and yelled "dance".

-Major road rash from when I flew over the handlebars of my bike after my oldest brother threw a broom into the front wheel. He saw that on TV once, and just had to see if it really worked.

-2nd degree burn on the back of my neck after my oldest brother dropped a smoke bomb down the back of my shirt. I was lucky I didn't keep my shirt-tail tucked in.

-Broken big toe on my right foot where the oldest(again)dropped a bowling ball on it. Again, something he saw on TV.

I have forgotten most of what they did....my sisters seem to always remind me of stuff every time I see them.

Black eye and a couple of cuts? He should feel lucky.

I am the youngest of six....with 2 older brothers. Here's my list of injuries and scars that were the result of my brothers' actions:

-6 stitches above my right eye....my oldest brother took my roller skate and smacked me upside the head with it.

-2 puncture wounds from darts thrown at me by my brothers...one in the leg, one in the forehead.

-Puncture wound in the right foot from where my next-to-oldest brother shot me with an arrow. One of those deals where he pointed the arrow at my feet and yelled "dance".

-Major road rash from when I flew over the handlebars of my bike after my oldest brother threw a broom into the front wheel. He saw that on TV once, and just had to see if it really worked.

-2nd degree burn on the back of my neck after my oldest brother dropped a smoke bomb down the back of my shirt. I was lucky I didn't keep my shirt-tail tucked in.

-Broken big toe on my right foot where the oldest(again)dropped a bowling ball on it. Again, something he saw on TV.

I have forgotten most of what they did....my sisters seem to always remind me of stuff every time I see them.

I don't mean to laugh, but the broom stick is very funny (now).