Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Wisdom Teeth

I got my wisdom teeth cut out yesterday. I heard stories of good drugs. I got Some Motrin. It wasn't so bad yesterday but this morning there is more discomfort and my jaw is a bit swollen. Oh well i guess i won't be doing any drug induced posting or eating anything good for a while. Hopefull i'll fill well enough to do some fishing next week.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smurf,

Hope the pain goes away soon. When I had mine out. many moons ago, they gave me Tylenol 3 with codeine. No pain, but makes you constipated. I was so gassed up, I didn't notice. Until a week later I realized with great discomfort, I hadn't sh!t in a week! Wife drives me to emergency room, laughing her @ss off, so I can get two ememas for a severe fecal impaction. When everybody says I'm full of sh!t, I say "no, but I once was...."

Welder is absolutely correct with the Salt Water rinse; been there and found out the hard way.

Several times a day use warm water with a good shot of table salt. Swish it around your mouth, especially drawing it past the tooth socket. Do it again. And again. It is cheep and easy and most effective.

Like it or not, we all have stuff in our mouths that need the salt rinse to clean the wound. Any oral medicine is window dressing from the inside. btw keep it up for at least a week.

Good Luck

Thanks for the replys, I'm going insane. I'm laid up in the house and the most enjoyable thing that I could do, well second most enjoyable, I can't do. I can't wait till all this is over, Shrimp, bacon rapped scallops, steak, Ribs, BBQ chicken, Country Ham, and all the fixins and thats just going to be day one. :2261_high: