Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Questions about raising an engine..(Yami F40)

I plan on raising the engine(yami F40) on my 16ft Sundance skiff.. I was wondering if there is more to it than pulling the bolts, cleaning the old 5200 off, adding new 5200, and re-installing... Do I need to 5200 around the engine mounting bracket?

Another thing. I can go 2 holes higher and if the position I switch it to is wrong, I would like to make it as easy as possible to move it again. While in the testing stages can I get away with not re-sealing the holes(hull is all fiberglass, no core) or can that cause problems and I need to suck it up and reseal each time? Any other tips or tricks anyone has would be appreciated...

Do not use 5200. You will not be able to remove the engine without damaging the boat. Use another marine sealant made for submersion. Even the 4200 will be tough and I don't think it is recommended.

Good to know... I was told to use 5200 and even asked about 4200... I have both but ill check into another type.. Any suggestions?

Good to know... I was told to use 5200 and even asked about 4200... I have both but ill check into another type.. Any suggestions?

Boatlife Lifeseal works good and removes easy enough. Good all around sealant for above and below the water line. I would seal every time, your preventing water from getting into the transom.