Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!

I am noticing some familiar members over here. This is THT member: trout25red. I look forward to some happy browsing over here.

For that to work we need people posting in the Boating forum. I have tried this many times but then it gets sleepy. I really like Wiley and the potential of this site. But we the members need to keep it going and wake it up.

Joined yesterday after I noticed the Exodus. I'm relocating to Englewood after a long and arduous search for the perfect place to spend my last 20 years fishing. My boat is being built by Sheaffer in Tampa to be completed by February. I've found that while the pursuit of knowledge on these sites can be a little convoluted, in the end, it's invaluable to a person unfamiliar with salt water fishing and boating like I am.

Slight derail:

What led you to choose that location of all the places in FL?

My daughter is moving to Madiera Beach next month.

We have considered a move to the west coast maybe after retirement, somewhere in the same area to fish Charollet Harbor or Tampa Bay.

Thanks

Jeff

240 LTS

Because the interstate leaves the coast her to clear charlotte harbor, people don't accidentally end up here, and so it is overlooked by most. Englewood is not actually a city; rather it is a sleepy, unincorporated area that will likely develop slower than the more recognised areas like Ft. Myers, Venice and Sarasota. I like the quick access to the Gulf through Stump pass, and the fact that Manasota Key has chosen to restrict high rise development on the coast here, thereby limiting the amount of people here during the high season. It never seems crowded. The younger crowd isn't impressed with the area because of the lack of nightlife. We built in an area where flood insurance isn't needed, taxes are low, several marinas are nearby for boat storage and the locals seem fairly nice considering that we are part of the growing number of people moving to Florida.

Joined yesterday after I noticed the Exodus. I'm relocating to Englewood after a long and arduous search for the perfect place to spend my last 20 years fishing. My boat is being built by Sheaffer in Tampa to be completed by February. I've found that while the pursuit of knowledge on these sites can be a little convoluted, in the end, it's invaluable to a person unfamiliar with salt water fishing and boating like I am.

Slight derail:

What led you to choose that location of all the places in FL?

My daughter is moving to Madiera Beach next month.

We have considered a move to the west coast maybe after retirement, somewhere in the same area to fish Charollet Harbor or Tampa Bay.

Thanks

Jeff

240 LTS

Because the interstate leaves the coast her to clear charlotte harbor, people don't accidentally end up here, and so it is overlooked by most. Englewood is not actually a city; rather it is a sleepy, unincorporated area that will likely develop slower than the more recognised areas like Ft. Myers, Venice and Sarasota. I like the quick access to the Gulf through Stump pass, and the fact that Manasota Key has chosen to restrict high rise development on the coast here, thereby limiting the amount of people here during the high season. It never seems crowded. The younger crowd isn't impressed with the area because of the lack of nightlife. We built in an area where flood insurance isn't needed, taxes are low, several marinas are nearby for boat storage and the locals seem fairly nice considering that we are part of the growing number of people moving to Florida.

Excellent reasons.

Sounds like what we are looking for.

Thanks so much!

Jeff

240 LTS

I am noticing some familiar members over here. This is THT member: trout25red. I look forward to some happy browsing over here.

For that to work we need people posting in the Boating forum. I have tried this many times but then it gets sleepy. I really like Wiley and the potential of this site. But we the members need to keep it going and wake it up.

We could always stir things up with a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke debate.1121_wink.gif

Go right ahead, I'll chime in 605_thumbs_up.gif

Go right ahead, I'll chime in 605_thumbs_up.gif

Yami vs G2!biggrin.png

Edited by Parker Yacht

Hello new member here. I was banned on the hull truth.I just called out the mods and was banned for life.This site looks great!!

New Member from SE NC. Have been boating for 50 years, fishing a few years longer.

2261_high.gif THT banned me for life once too. Our politics are different. When I stated ~in the Bilge~ Obie may not have been truthful since the Rev Wright lies ~ POOF I was gone. Wanted to catch up with a couple there and came back with a different IP and all was well. have not been back much as it is not the same.