Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Egg Harbor Yachts 2009

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything about the boat other than the original 35 Predator is holding value quite nicely. I have not spent much time researching the boat but I will spend some time on one at the Ft. Lauderdale show. I'm starting to think along this line of vessel for my next boat. I'll get lots of pix and maybe a sea trial in a few months.

Ludicrous, thank you very much for the trouble. I really like this boat. However, I keep receiving mixed signals in connection with the new version built by TROCKI. Please check this link where I ask about the boat, but have not received straight answers. Please do try the boat and see if it feels as small as people say it is and off balance with the added weight: too heavy?, quality? etc, etc. Please read the link: http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/...egg-harbor.html

The only other boats that I have found in that layout (CENTER CONSOLE and benches on each side, entrance to the cabin in the middle), which is the one I am looking for, is the OUT ISLAND 38 and the JERSEY CAPE 36. I do not know much about the JERSEY CAPE, but know everything about the OUT ISLAND. The OUT ISLAND is drop dead gorgeous, but a little on the expensive side. The SPENCER 43 is much more expensive and the layout is a little different. Maybe the STRIKE 37 EXPRESS, which I have not seen and their web page does not displays it properly. I had hopes for the PREDATOR 35. Please find out what you can about the boat. Lots of pictures, please. The only thing I kind of do not like, is that the post of the chair seems inclined or bent. I do not believe that any post of any chair should be bent. In any case, the console should be moved forward a little. Other than that, the boat looks gorgeous. Confirmation of quality, ride, fit and finish, seaworthiness, balance and safety is needed, if at all belongs to this boat.

Ludi, while you are at it, please check the JERSEY CAPE DEVIL 36. I have read it is a magnificent boat, although some say it pounds and it is slow. One thing I can say, it is one beautiful devil. Find out what is the dead rise and real performance of the boat. What kind of construction it has, etc.

Also find out if they will have the JERSEY CAPE 40 in EXPRESS!!! I THINK THAT THIS BOAT MAY BE THE SOLUTION.

Edited by mjberrocal