Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Jet Skis To The Bahamas

I am focused on getting our two pwc's over the pond for a vacation this summer.

It has been a dream of mine for 2 years and this is the year. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

You can learn a bit about us by reading the article I wrote for WaterCraft.com

http://www.watercraft.com/articles/article_item/7/0/229/Extend_Your_Season_in_Tampa_Bay.html

I am not sure what you mean by spammer. My only intention was to show that my husband Fritz and I are serious about the trip. (Justin works for the magazine and edited my article)

Once again ...appreciate any help or suggestions. I contacted things like freight carriers and day trippers like the mini cruise ship that heads over to Grand Bahama but none of them worked out.

I am not sure what you mean by spammer. My only intention was to show that my husband Fritz and I are serious about the trip. (Justin works for the magazine and edited my article)

Once again ...appreciate any help or suggestions. I contacted things like freight carriers and day trippers like the mini cruise ship that heads over to Grand Bahama but none of them worked out.

Am I missing something? Why not Tow them behind the boat?

Armando

Just not usual for a new membee's first post being to another forum.

Am I missing something? Why not Tow them behind the boat?

Armando

Two words, Gulf Stream.

Plus if she is thinking of going to the Abacos I would suggest she reconsider - they aren't very welcome over there.

Definitely the Abacos. I spent a couple of summers over there during my misspent youth in the 80s. Lots of Wally Ball at the Conch Inn swimming pool. I am pretty familiar with the area. I was not aware that pwc are not a big hit there. Interesting.

I am not sure how well they would tow across the Gulf Stream....pretty dependant on the conditions on any given day I suppose. Some groups have actually ridden their skis over accompanied by a bigger boat. Once again...conditions make that an iffie thing. You might get over and then not have a good day to head back for quite a while.

Any other suggestions? Does anyone think towing would work out?