Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Yamaha Gauges - Trim Display Not Working

We took the "new" boat out this weekend for the first run. The good news is that everything we did to the boat, as far as repairs or upgrades, worked perfectly. The Yamaha multi function tachs (round, cira 2001), however, are having some issues. Specifcally, the outboard trim display doesn't work. The port gauge always displays the lowest trim setting, and the stbd display always shows the highest trim setting.

I've never monkeyed with these gauges before, so I'm hoping someone will have some pointers on where to start looking. I'm guessing it's a loose wire, or something simple, since the rest of the gauge seems to work alright. Any pointers?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan, see part number 1 and 3.

Part number 1 is the collar that mounts on the steering tube. They often break and are easy to replace.

Part number 3 in the actual sensor that gets moved by the collar. The sensor can get stuck and requires regular lubrication.

post-2-1241466855_thumb.png