Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

I have a 1995 200 hp Johnson Venom outboard that started to drain the battery really quickly like something was shorting out, I felt up under the flywheel and the stator was too hot to touch so I'm thinking the stator is bad, I need to know how to test the stator, I have it off the motor, or could it be something else? rectifier maybe, thanks in advance for any help.

So I hooked everything back up on the motor, and when I connected the yellow/yellow gray connector from stator to the rectifier the stator started heating up, so it looks like the voltage from battery is going backwards through rectifier to the stator, good indication that the rectifier is bad? What else does the rectifier control?