Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Products with unintended uses. What do you use?

What you do and what products do you use for something that they weren't designed for?

Whink- toilet bowl cleaner I use on windows to remove hard water stains

WD-40- lubricant I use it to clean up 5200/4200 from my fingers and anything else it gets on!

Peroxide- a cap full in your shower and sink drains will keep your sumps from smelling

Coffee/ apple slices- to remove odors from a boat, place a small bowl of cheap coffee topped with thinly sliced apples in various places around the boat. this is a car dealers trick to remove the smell of smoke from used cars. It will not return!

Toluene- great for cleaning shore cords or any other vinyl or rubber surface without damaging the finish. Must use heavy gloves, its not good for you. It wont leave your fenders or shore cords sticky. Coat them with 202 afterwards for a nice long lasting finish.

rb-rules.gif

The Works : toilet bowl cleaner .... Great job removing hull stains, cleaning oil from concrete

The works: drain cleaner ... Mixed with aluminum foil strips in soda bottle = loud bang ... Stay clear

Baking soda & vinegar .... Wine stains from carpet

A//c foaming evaporator cleaner..... Great spot remover for carpet

Wedding ring... Permanent bottle cap opener

Leather car cleaning/conditioning wipes... Does wonders on my leather dress coat

Wd40 ... Cleaner for anything gooey/stickey

• 1 month later...