Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

East Cape-I'm to going to go off on a rant

East Cape-I'm not going to go on a rant
Our week started out rockin' 'em until stormy weather arrived. A couple of days of rain and winds shut it right down. Anglers that are working hard are still scratching em out but not getting as many opportunities. The weather seems to be straightening out today so I'm confident the bite will bounce back.
I heard a few boats were getting sardines for bait and found it strange nobody was talking about it. Upon investigation what I found was the bait is being taken from Pulmo in the protected reserve area. Even worse, tuna have gone off in the reserve and several fleet boats have been poaching them. Some skippers are being pressured by anglers that don't care while other skippers are fishing in the park to get the count without making their anglers aware. I'm not going to go off on a rant on this but will tell you Jen Wren boats will not participate in illegal practices.
Trying to purchase Mexican fishing licenses has been a hot topic on internet forums lately. I can't talk about other areas of Mexico but will say buying a license on the East Cape is a no brainer and they are easy to find.
76141.jpg
Party foul!
76142.jpg
Sailfish are packed up. Double hookups are not uncommon
76143.jpg
Stripers still providing action
76144.jpg
Striper on the fly this week with guide Lance Pedersen
76145.jpg
AFTCO owner Bill Shedd on the wire
76146.jpg
Accurate Fishing Products Ben Secrest's daughters Summer and Kailey on a double hookup
76147.jpg
Diego doing his best to keep Jen Wren anglers happy
76148.jpg
Dog tooth snapper are surprising anglers looking for roosterfish
Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
US cell 310 308 5841