Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

new to boating

New here, and looking to get 1st boat cheap, under 2K, and I know it won't be much, but I believe that price range will fill my needs well enough especially for a 1st. My main question is whats the difference (design wise if any) between a Ski boat, and a Fish and Ski boat? is one a lower profile(more shallow hull?) and other things...more versatility would be better for me. would mainly be for me and my 3 children, maybe a couple of their friends. Not planning on having a party on it.

Thanks for any input.

• 4 weeks later...
Good afternoon guys/gals,
I'm new to the forums. I'm currently with a boating service startup and simply wanted to ask you guys for you help. (Not going to pretend otherwise). Were trying to get some info about the "Pain points" of boating. Pretty much the things that make boating not fun when you aren't out actually boating. We want to try to alleviate that.
If any of you are interested in helping out. Please click the link below and fill out our 5 min survey. I really need you guys help. I heave no others to turn to for these answers except for the boating community. An by the looks of you guys intelligence, knowledge and expertise. You all are by far the best candidates to help us make this a reality...for us.
Heres the link. I appreciate everyone who decides to assist. If not. Thank you for even reading this.
Chris