Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

VW TDI or Prius?

If you haven't looked at Ford or GM products in a while you should. They are now making better vehicles than any that have been discussed here, IMHO.

Which models are you referring to?

I drove a 2009 Chevy Mailbu for almost 3 years as a company car - great vehicle. I would compare it favorably to either a Honda Accord (which I have owned) or a Toyota Camry.

I just bought a Ford Edge which is also an excellent vehicle. Very high tech, great gas mileage and performance.

I have a 2009 Chevy Suburban which is also a great vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
Chevrolet Volt all the way, I drove one and it was fun to drive
I am going to hold off on that technology until it has some 'seasoning'.

Yeah that Chevy Volt is a real winner! Seasoned alright! Cajun Blackend! 2261_high.gif Besides an electric car will not tow my boat. 1925_.gif

Let me put this 'out there' to reiterate.

I do not entertain what the above poster has to say. I made myself clear about him early on. His sole mission here (check his post history) is to stalk and attempt to annoy me because of the many bitch slappings (as you can see he deserves) I administered to him on the 'other site'. He is a terminal idiot and in a way his and the others stalking of me cements the fact that they have been thrashed soundly. Now they snipe at me like mewing little girls. I am glad my efforts were rewarded.605_thumbs_up.gif

Since for most of my life I have sold Chevrolet's and no mention of the Cruze in this topic I will offer my opinion. It is a no brainer to buy the VW if it is for consistent fuel economy and of course range. I also think VW has been making a better car of late and Toyota is on a slight decline. If you were going to use the Prius in city driving as the majority of your driving you could make a case for it. But driving long distance VW all the way on your two choices.