Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

At it again

The water has raised kinda high this year. The real flood was may 2010 when it was 55 feet. That did not go over well in Nashville. If it get's to high then I will move the boat to the floating dock downtown. I will be moving her to a marina as soon as I can, but first I have to get the outside in good shape. In this warm weather all we work on is the outside.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have done a lot in fiberglass but this boat has taking my fiberglassing to another level. over a hundred gallons of resin and counting, two huge rolls fiberglass and so much sand paper I cant count.

I know you have to be real careful when you change things on a boat I do like my changes. I did change the lines a bit by raising the trunk and the new pilothouse windows, but I think this is for the better. I also removed the window in the front of the trunk and added nice sitting seats and stairs to the top of the trunk. I will be be putting the side windows back as soon as there ready. I also raised the roof over the walk way and will have no painted wood, it will be painted metal or or gelcoat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been some very hard work but I am seeing some light to the end of the of some things, I got the trunk almost done and the pilothouse is looking great. I will have to build up and round some of the flat spots but that can be later that is why I used gelcoat and not paint. Right now I get to move on the sides and then finish the back side of the pilot house with all the steering and and upper controls. This is the way I work. I get one thing to a useable point then move one to another project. I have always done it this way and will not change now. For the most part you have to do it this so you can run wires and make things work together. If you finish one thing to soon then you can't make them work together. I finally got to use my new cushions I had made last year, i had them made when I had the 62 footer and didn't then get them until I sold the other boat and got this one. They would fit both boats because they both had a large trunk and would fit eater boat. They are 9'X9'X3" plenty of room for the girls to lay out and get some sun. The hand rails are temp for now I had to have something for a party on May 30th. We had forty five to come, not bad for a first party. I will rebuild all the hand rails with 3" teak next year.

http://www.lostpearl.net/

IMG_0595.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg