Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

The Bimini Big Game Club is on!

Got back from the Bimini Big Game yesterday. Well its looking like the place is coming back strong. It was packed there, not one empty slip or room. The place was looking good, the staff was very accommodating as usual which was a life saver for me since the Ft Lauderdale reservations office never sent my reservation to them so in their eyes I was showing up with no reservation.

But they made it happen. I didn't get the cottage I requested but I got a cottage. No biggie.

We had a great time. We went out Friday afternoon to get some Yellowtail, we did ok and got 7. They weren't very big but they were big enough to have a great meal. The upstairs restaurant prepared them for us Bahamian style which is whole fried.

Saturday we headed out for some Mahi. The ocean was flat calm all weekend. My plan was to run out about 8 miles and troll unless we spotted something on the way out. We did spot some nice weed patches and in one weed patch was a big white piece of plastic, we could see the Mahi jumping out of the water on our approach. There was a school of about 8 very nice size schoolies. I would actually call them border line cows.

We were working the fish all alone out there and had 5 in the box pretty quick. Then we see some boats heading towards us at full speed. One guy slowed and dropped a line to troll past the weed and nailed one I had lost twice and was trying to get. Oh well, no big deal as we had plenty of fish for the day.

Now some pictures.

This is a packed Marina at the BGC. Haven't seen this in years. You are seeing some empty slips but these were taken Saturday afternoon so a lot of people were still out.

Boat015-1.jpg

Boat016-1.jpg

Boat017-1.jpg

Boat018-1.jpg

Boat019-1.jpg

Hey Robbie!!!

Boat022-1.jpg

Boat028.jpg

Boat027.jpg

Rasing Cane, buddy of mine!!!

Boat029.jpg

Then on the way back Sunday we see multiple piles of what looked like Banana tree yard trash. We pulled one very nice Mahi out of this pile.

Boat031.jpg

Boat033.jpg

Cruising back to Ft lauderdale at about 45 MPH. I wish every crossing could be like this. It made me not want to go home even though I was dead tired and hung over from drinking at Big Johns Saturday night.

Boat036.jpg

Boat037.jpg

Sorry, no pictures of the actual fish but I'm sure everyone knows what Mahi looks like. LOL

Thanks for your post. Any "mini-season" madness there?

No mini season madness while we were there. Their season starts on August 1st (yesterday) and thats the day we left. Who knows what happened yesterday and today though.

But lobster can be had, ya just have to know who to ask. Here on our streets you have drug dealers and pimps. Over there you have a few of those as well but you also have the "dealers" that can get you lobster tails and conch any time. We bought our lobsters. But we waited until their season opened and bought them the morning before we left. We just "reserved" them two days prior.

Edited by ScarabChris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...