Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boating Pet Peeves?

Mine: People that think a busy channel is the perfect place to pull their kids on a tube.

I took my boat for a run around Manhattan last Saturday. This is a very busy place. All the pleasure boats were: speeding/not momitoring a channel/drinking/not understanding right of way........

I would rather be in the thick of the tugs and ferries rather than the week end boater.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coast Guard Aux. playing Coast Guard at the boat ramp. They leave their boats tied to docks and block two or more ramps, then they go inside the building most of the day.

Worse in my area they refuse to wear anything other than GI boots. I told my neighbor who is in the CGA if they stopped wearing the boots for the courtesy examinations they would get a lot more requests. They just destroy my non-skid and I refuse to have them on my boat.

After he said "great idea" a year later here they all are in their boots.

I love the people who wait til the boat is in the ramp to load it especially on a holiday weekend. Or the guy who is so close to the ramp that he tries to back down without going to get in line. I have parked my truck in front of these morons on more than one occasion.

• 3 years later...