Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Glasstream Boats, anyone had experience with them?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Original was over near Valdosta, ( Adel ). They built bass and ski boats. Not top of the line but for the money you probably got what you paid for. The hulls were known to leak. The name came back a few years ago with saltwater boats, may still have been made over near Valdosta ( didnt hear about them reopening over there). Have not heard any good or bad reports on them.

They are currently being made in Panama City, FL and are making mostly center consoles...some very flashy and big. I have not looked at one in person, just pics on their site and places like boat trader. I like the looks of the 192 CC myself, just don't know about the quality. I may have to go down to PC and check them out in person.

http://www.glasstream.com/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you'll have Any issues with the quality, fit or finish. You are getting a Lot more than you're paying for on their boats. I saw all of their boats at the Miami boat show and did a sea trial on the 32'. After looking at everything available out there and riding in several other brands that I was interested in, I ordered a new 328 SCX. I came to know the Glasstream name years ago in bass fishing and then more recently through a friend of mine in Texas who bought a 19' (I think it's called a 192) last year. He, like myself, has owned several different brand boats over the years and he couldn't praise the 19' he bought from them enough. Then I ran into an older retired gentleman in Sarasota who had a 24' Glasstream. Really a pretty boat. He offered me a ride on it and I was very impressed. He said he'd owned 15 or 20 boats in his life and the Glasstream was the best. Trust me. I looked at the 32 very sceptically and stuck my head in every compartment and cubby hole. This boat is put together as well as any of the big name boats and better than anything in their price range. If it wasn't I wouldn't be laying out $135,000.00 on one. I'm even trying the Mercs even though I'm a long time Yamaha man. That whole set up with the Verados is the sweetest thing I've ever run! From everything I saw they had about the busiest booth in the whole show. And while I was waiting to talk to my sales person I met a guy who dropped by to try to say hi to them. He told he had owned 3 Glasstreams. He started with a 24' then a 27' and now has a 32'. He has used all of them to go to the Bahamas on. Including his first 24. He said he'd never own anything else and the rep told me that that guy sends them 4 or 5 new customers a year. If my boat doesn't come in like the one at the show or If I have any problems I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks for the info, that was what I was hoping to hear. I really like the 192 myself and have talked with a couple different folks at Glasstream about building one. It sounds like they had a very busy show in Miami as they said they were getting pretty backed up on orders. When are you supposed to take delivery of your new boat?

Thanks again!!

• 7 months later...

If it wasn't I wouldn't be laying out $135,000.00 on one.

Just throwing it out there that a brand new 31 Cape Horn with 300 Yamahas is less than that. There is no doubt in my mind that the 31 Cape Horn is still the best bang for the buck going. Oh, my first boat was a 15' Glasstream back in 1986. It was a bowrider that I bought in Atlanta when I lived there. Absolutely no problems with that boat until I moved to Florida and it hit salt water. The rate of deterioration on that boat after that was pretty rapid and ugly but remember, this was a boat built by a different Glasstream company almost 25 years ago. It was also built for freshwater lake use so the problems would have been expected if I had been experienced at the time.

How can I complain though, I paid $5600 for it new, boat motor and trailer, used the holy poo out of it and sold it 7 years later for $3500.

Don't mean to be negative if it came out that way. Good luck with your boat and enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...