Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lake Lanier Bunch

Bob, It's not the voices in your head, I'm listening to you! :2261_high: I've been busy trying to do some work on the boat. Fishing a Grouper tournament next weekend, Port Canaveral 2 weeks after that, Keys 2 weeks after that, Bahamas 3 weeks after that. Fishing on every weekend that I'm not busy.

Lake is looking better by the day, should be a busy summer with all the ramps open. It's going to be nice to splash the boat and pick up your truck driver on a dock, and not in the mud!! :753_hammer_hitting_head: Hope to see you soon. I'll give you a shout next time I splash the boat.

Bob, to say my trailer is getting a workout, is an understatement. I'm trailering to all the destinations, ( obviously not the Bahamas, that's Pompano Beach). Windshield time is fine if I'm going Fishing! My boys are going to be the only anglers in this grouper tourney next weekend. Dad is there as a mate! Should be lots of fun. I may try to run the boat this weekend on the lake. If I do, I'll swing by the house and see if anybody is around.

Mike, with that schedule I might look for a secure place to store your boat down there for a couple of weeks between trips. Unless you need it up here no sense in pulling it back.

I bet you enjoy your mate time more than any other. Sounds like a great time for you and your kids. If you are the mate and they are the captain, do they get to run the boat too? Either way they will be the cool kids at school after this weekend.

Doubt I will be at the lake this weekend (25th) because of the boat issue. My son finishes classes next week so then I can get him to run (idle) the boat over to the ramp so I can get it to service. Might be a good opportunity to bank some points by doing "honey-do" stuff.

• 1 month later...
Hey Brian. How's the boat search going? With the lake almosy full, you need to be out there.

Have a handshake on a GW 180 CC down in Miami....been dealing with a number of personal things the last several weeks though, and my seller has, in the last month, been in Panama, Africa, and is now in Cabo for a week.

I'm headed down there the end of the month....will likely bring it back then.