Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

5 Engine Boat Loses an Engine. New Thread - New Photos Added

wiley

what is the tower thing on the other boat?

Might be a platform for the photographer or videographer. Get's them out closer to the action of the other boat. They had speakers up there as well.

Weird scenario it was that day.

As for the girlie. Objects in the photo are further than they appear - I must have distance factor!

:239_fishing:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on other site

"The clamp bracket did not break......... and it happened at 40 MPH in calm waters..... we hauled it out and supported the motor until the guys from Midnight came to take it away...... The motor was ok,,,,, no water ingestion, infact there was no visible damage. It did damage the motor next to it with it's prop... took a chunck out of the cav plate.

The motor was through bolted to a plate to get it higher and the plate had studs welded to it to attach it to the transom. there were no through bolts directly holding the motor onto the transom. The studs sheared right at the plate and the motor was left dangling off one remaining stud and the tie-bar. "

ME.jpg

Edited by Kingair

I know for a fact that this is a one of a kind boat and that NO ONE ELSE can do it at this time so why are there so many haters out there with nothing better to do than stand around with a camera and take pictures of things that have nothing to do with them and just want to mess up others names in a industry that already has enough people that back stab and lie to just make a sale. Plane and simple, the thing worked but had a few flaws that someone caught on camera, but nothing they can't fix I bet! It still belongs to Midnight at this time from what I hear, so where is the harm in breaking something in the R&D stage of the building process, what Midnight is the only boat company that has ever broken something while testing? I THINK NOT!!

yesI

Couldn't agree more.

I've posted MANY great shots of that boat running. Thought I was going to get yet another then - whoops.

If you find out the official cause please let us know. Maybe we can all learn from it.

Thanks

:rb-rules:

I heard some guy with a Nikon D90 zoomed in with a 700mm lens, reflected sunlight off the lens in a concentrated beam onto the starboard engine mounting bolts. Melted them bolts right off. FBI says sabotage but the investigation is ongoing.

:1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinkin

I know for a fact that this is a one of a kind boat and that NO ONE ELSE can do it at this time so why are there so many haters out there with nothing better to do than stand around with a camera and take pictures of things that have nothing to do with them and just want to mess up others names in a industry that already has enough people that back stab and lie to just make a sale. Plane and simple, the thing worked but had a few flaws that someone caught on camera, but nothing they can't fix I bet! It still belongs to Midnight at this time from what I hear, so where is the harm in breaking something in the R&D stage of the building process, what Midnight is the only boat company that has ever broken something while testing? I THINK NOT!!

I just heard that a job as the White House press secretary is opening up. Or maybe Sadam's press minister.

God forbid someone post something that might shed a negative light on someone! How dare Wiley take pictures of a boat with the motor dangling off it, and post them on the interwebz!