Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Name / Handle Name

First name is Marino

Handle is Oniram

I first used that handle when signing up for AOL im, and ebay ten years ago. Now I use that handle for most of the forums I frequent.

Named my boat "Bailey" after Bailey's Island in Maine. I spent a lot of time there when I was younger.

Truth is, I made my handle when I joined the other forum on a whim and I didnt put much though into it. It aint hard to figure out its just first initial , last Name.. If you live around here, Im sure you either know me or could find out who I am in two seconds..Google Stamford and Malloy and youll see a bunch of us.. (good and Bad these days haha) Add the W and you may even see me. the 382.. means something to me but thats all.

Before I knew it, THT had me addicted like crack and I had a wheel so I kept it.

My name is Scarab and I have a Chris.......oh wait its the other way around.

My boats name is "Hooked Up". I came up with this name for a few reasons. First, when I got the boat it was named "No Time". I didn't want to use someone elses name, plus that name is the opposite of my situation. I have plenty of time.

The way I got the boat combined with the massive amount of fishing I did when I got it lead me to name it Hooked Up. When I got this boat I was really lucky to have found it and get it for the price that I did. The boat was owned by a guy that owns a car dealership. He had the boat for sale on his lot.

I happened to be good friends with the owner of another car dealer who knew the owner of the boat. So I was able to get the boat at a much better price than what he was asking. In a sense I feel like I got the inside "hook up" on the boat.

I've always been a big Skynyrd fan and named my 58 Hatt "Freebird" when I bought it about three years ago. Until that time, I had only been on the Hatteras owners forum for about a month (my first venture into boater forums) and used my first initial and real last name as my username. After being told that wasn't in my best interest, I changed my username to match that of my boat.

Handle name-Pretty self explanatory....and it's the first thing that popped into my head at the "other" forum.

Boat name: "Kuini Malia" My wife was born in Hawaii, and her middle name is Malia (Hawaiian for Mary) Kuini was the name of a Hawaiian chieftess, but the name has become an accepted word for "queen" or "chieftess". :239_fishing: