Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Going Back Old School

I would have never thunk it.....but guess what I just bought?????

A charcoal grill.

The wife bought one for the beach place several months ago because she got tired of riding around in the golf cart smelling that great aroma. Well, she got me hooked again too.

I bought the Weber Performer One Touch. Why Weber you ask? Because I had a Weber Kettle that lasted 15 years and I have a Weber Genesis I have had since 1996 still going strong.

This Performer Grill is just bad to the bone. Propane ignition, a place to store your charcoal, ash dump for easy cleaning.....all with the known Weber Quality.

Gonna burn some steaks tonight, can't wait!!!

Sorry Hank Hill.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got a classic one touch silver, but it does the job pretty well. Basically the same grill I learned to cook with charcoal on, and still works great. Best of all, it doesn't break the budget. My father got a Big Green Egg a few years ago, and it is sure enough a nice grill, but for the price, I'll take the less expensive weber any day of the week. If you haven't picked them up yet, they make a set of charcoal baskets that let you contain your coals on each side of the grill, making it easy to set up for indirect cooking, only cost around $15 on amazon or weber's website. Personally I like using kingsford charcoal (none of that matchlight crap) for most applications, and lump for anything that I want to sear really hot.