Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

What was your first boat?

Early 70's 12' Sears Gamefisher with a 9.9 Sears engine. Bought with lawn mowing proceeds when I was 14. My parents were/are not into boating, but my dad would drive the boat to the lake on his way to playing tennis so I could fish with my buddies. That was 34 years ago, damn I'm getting older.

My brother had one of those, a 1973 12 foot "Super Gamefisher", which featured foam core construction, and had rebadged Eska 9.9 HP outboard.

My first boat was a 1956 18 foot Revel craft outboard cruiser with a 35 hp Johnson manual start outboard.Then came a 23 ft Seabird I/O in 1965.10 years later came my pride and joy

a 27 ft Chris Craft Commander. We downsized after the Chris with a 20 ft Mako CC . Now in my retirement years since 1991 a 22 ft Grady/white seafarer with a 175 hp Johnson.

Paul

Here she is, paid $400 for her and got 2 seasons out of the engine befor it overheated and seized!

larson.jpg

Had to keep your fingers crossed every time you hit the "R" button coming into dock :lol:

My parents started out boating by buying a new 1967 Kayot 20' pontoon boat. Back then, most folks didn't even know what a pontoon boat was! LOL

My first boat was a 14' wooden Chris Craft that my Grandfather purchased for a six pack of beer! He dragged it home in '72, complete with two holes in it!

Almost two years (and about $700 in refurbishing material later), we splashed it for the first time. We took the motor off of his pontoon and put it on my "new" Chris Craft. It was new from the keel up. We learned how to fiberglass, spray paint and even upholster the seats together.

A year later I put the O/B back on the pontoon and gave the CC to my brother and bought my second boat, a 1967 Glasspar with a 65 HP Mercury O/B.

A year after that, I sold the Glasspar and bought a used '72 15' Sea King tri-hull with a 55 HP Sea King (Chrysler) O/B.

Today, my running total of boats owned is 19 (so far). Just a sampling of the brands owned by me include: Bayliner (4), Avon, Whaler, Sea Ray (4), Cobalt, Scout and Kawasaki (2).

And YES, despite popular belief, PWC's are boats. LOL